Wednesday, April 13, 2011

M for Munding

Munding is Sundanese for Kerbau (bull)


My father sometime call me Kerbau, because I usually have lunch before taking shower at weekend.
you know, Indonesian take a shower at least twice a day, so it's really not a common to eat breakfast/ lunch without taking a shower before, unless you are Kerbau.

Kerbau  is also a name for people who don't like to wake up early at the morning, like me.
Based on Reader Digest survey, Indonesian wake up earliest than most citizen in the world, about 5-6 AM.
Really? I wake up at 6 or 7 on weekdays, and at 8 or 9 on weekends.
But, students in Indonesia really wake up at 5-6 AM or maybe earlier, especially student at Jakarta because of that weird government' rule.

My father also like to call me Anak Kerbau (Kerbau's daughter, now who is the Kerbau).
because of my last... er middle.. errr... middle last name is "Anandani".
Which means "daughter".
But some people misspell it to "a-Nandi" or "a- Nandi-ni" or something with "Nandi",
really it happens even on my graduation ceremony
while Nandi is (again) a Kerbau, a sacred bull, which Shiva rides in Hindu mythology.

So instead of writing this post for letter M (Munding) why didn't I write it for K (Kerbau)?
because I have too many ideas for letter K, while I don't have any idea for letter M :)

No comments:

Post a Comment