Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nyok Kita Nonton Ondel Ondel!

(=let's watch the Ondel-ondel)

Happy Belated Birthday Jakarta!
I'm not a homo jakartaensis, so I didn't know it was Jakarta's birthday (June 22)
if I knew, I would have finished the Ondel-ondel on time.


Ondel-ondel is a traditional art from Jakarta (Batavia), and the Ondel-ondel itself is a  big puppet (about 2 meters tall) played by man inside it.
while my Ondel-ondel is the mini version, they are the finger Ondel-ondel!

There are male ondel-ondel who wears red mask, and female ondel ondel who wears white mask.
Both wear traditional Batavian clothing.
you can read more accurate explanation about the Ondel-ondel in wikipedia


I like the male Ondel-ondel more than the female, because the female Ondel-ondel's white face is scary and I think my ondel-ondel's hair looked like Medusa XD.

By the way, these Ondel-ondel were made for Festival Rajutan Indonesia (Indonesian Knitting Festival), I also designed the buildings and Monas amigurumi.
And for the Ondel-ondel's pattern..... hmmm... I think I will upload the pattern soon :)

1 comment: