Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tatting madness

5 years ago I started to make amigurumi when my brother was planning for his wedding,
this time I learn to tat because my sister planning for her wedding.
it's not my wedding but it's really stressful, I meant there's no more regular conversation between me and my sister or my mother, now that it's all about the wedding next year.
wedding is madness, I should be completely madly in love If I were going to get married in the future.

speaking of madness, tatting is madness, just look at the curly shape.
compared to knitting or crochet, tatting technique is a lot more complicated, it's challenging but really fun to make.
I never finished any tatting project perfectly, but I'm glad the shape I made is getting better (I guess?)

the picture is blurry, and yes it's written "celebration continues", 
it's a shopping catalog for Halloween


Tatting itself is not as popular as crochet or knitting in Indonesia, it's hard to find shop which sell the tatting shuttle.

I bought my first tatting shuttle from Runee , I think she's the first and the only Indonesian tatting artist who sell handmade tatting shuttle.  She also share some tips on her facebook page.
There are also some online store which sell the tatting shuttle from Clover or Prym but for me there's always an excuse to pick handmade product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment