Tuesday, January 14, 2014

That's not an Amigurumi!


When I started this blog, I thought I would make a lot of amigurumis and only amigurumis.  I think I am one of the first Indonesian knitter/crocheter who exclusively making amigurumi.  I wrote in this blog for 6 years, I wrote a book.   And things are different now that everybody is making amigurumi.  It's too mainstream.  So I quit.  I lost my purpose in knitting.  After having a long knitting break, I secretly decided to retired from knitting.  

Till a few days ago, a lightning struck me.

Nah, just kidding.  After I gave up, I no longer think that knitting and blogging are a must do job.  Suddenly I am free to do whatever I want, it doesn't have to be knitting or blogging.  Knitting is no longer a burden.  And now, I find that knitting is fun again.  Even knitting using someone else pattern (which I rarely do before).  It's a new thing for me, and it's surprisingly fun.

I made a baby hat using a pattern from http://blogs.thetucker.com/knit/2011/03/27/textured-baby-hats/



This hat is for my future niece, who will be born soon.  (Can't wait to see you).

I'm really an amature in making wearable item, but that doesn't mean I have to stick in making just amigurumi :)



No comments:

Post a Comment